How to Report Child Abuse or Neglect
Call 1-866-ENDHARM (1-866-363-4276), Washington State's toll-free, 24 hour, 7 day-a-week hotline that will connect you directly to the appropriate local office to report suspected child abuse or neglect.

Offices within local communities are responsible for receiving and investigating reports of suspected child abuse and neglect. Reports are received by Child Protective Services (CPS) located in each community office and assessed to determine whether the report meets the legal definition of abuse or neglect and how dangerous the situation is. Children's Administration offers several other ways to report abuse:

Daytime: (509) 363-3550 After Hours: 1-800-562-5624
Fax: (509) 363-4601 TTY: (509) 363-3567 or call 1-800-624-6186 to place a direct TTY call.

Questions that will be asked when you call:

The name, address and age of the child.
The name and address of the child's parent, guardian or other persons having custody of the child.
The nature and extent of the abuse or neglect.
Any evidence of previous incidences.
Any other information which may be helpful in establishing the cause of the child's abuse or neglect and the identity of the perpetrator.

You do not need to have all of the above information when you call to make a report, but the more accurate information you can provide, the better equipped the offices will be to assess the child's safety. Anyone can report suspected child abuse or neglect. Reporting abuse or neglect can protect a child and get help for a family - it may even save a child's life.

First Call for Help: 509-838-4428

First Call for Help provides telephone intervention and community information services 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, 365-days a year, regardless of age, culture, or insurance coverage. Trained volunteers, under the supervision of professional staff, are available any time, day or night, to provide supportive listening, immediate assistance to people in emotional crisis, up-to-date community resource information, 24-hour access to crisis response services and/or mental health services, and other confidential services.

National Human Trafficking Hotline 1-888-373-7888

The National Human Trafficking Hotline connects victims and survivors of sex and labor trafficking with services and supports to get help and stay safe. The National Hotline also receives tips about potential situations of sex and labor trafficking and facilitates reporting that information to the appropriate authorities in certain cases.

The toll-free phone and SMS text lines and live online chat function are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Help is available in English or Spanish, or in more than 200 additional languages through an on-call interpreter

Crime Check: (509) 456-2233

Crime Check is a service provided by Spokane County 911 for non-emergency calls. Please refer to their website for tips when calling and how to determine whether to call Crime Check or the emergency call receivers at 911.

Vanessa Behan helps parents who are having difficulty providing safe shelter and care for their children ages 0-7. They may be dealing with issues as complex as substance abuse, domestic violence and homelessness. Or they may just be exhausted and worn-out from the demands of parenting.

DSHS Children's Administration (CA) is the public child welfare agency for the state of Washington.

For other help in Spokane:

State of
City of Spokane
Children’s Home -
Frontier Behavioral Health-
Head Start –
Joya Child and Family Development
Lutheran Community
Martin Luther King Jr. Family Outreach Center
Second Harvest Food Bank
Spokane Neighborhood Action Programs (SNAP)
Spokane Regional Health District
United Way
Volunteers of

For help anywhere in the United States:

Adult Survivors of Abuse
Adult Survivors
Child Abuse
Childhelp® National Child Abuse Hotline
1.800.4.A.CHILD (1.800.422.4453 )
National Children's Alliance (NCA) is the national association and accrediting body for Children’s Advocacy Centers (CACs).
Darkness to Light - a national organization focused on educating adults about child abuseLutheran Community Services Family & Community Support Centers enable community members to access resources and build connections.
Child Custody
American Bar Association Section on Family Law
Child Sexual Exploitation/Missing Children
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
Child Pornography Tipline (1.800.843.5678 )
Children Home Alone
Leaving Your Child Home Alone
Circle of Security Project
Domestic Violence
National Domestic Violence Hotline
1.800.799.SAFE (7233); 1.800.787.3224 (TDD)
Health and Human Services information and support
International Parental Child Abduction
U.S. Department of State
Legal Help
American Bar Association Lawyer Referral Services
National Parent Helpline®
1.855.4.A.PARENT (1.855.427.2736)
Runaway Youth
National Runaway Switchboard
Sexual Violence
RAINN - The nation's largest anti-sexual violence organization.
Substance Abuse
Addiction Recovery During Higher Education 
Alcoholics Anonymous
Alcohol Rehab Help
Gamblers Anonymous 
Marijuana Anonymous
Narcotics Anonymous
National Alliance of Advocates for Buprenorphine Treatment
National Institute on Drug Abuse
Start Your Recovery 
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Victims of Crime
Office for Victims of Crime - Help for Victims